What can I do for you?
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Ralph Schleicher
Development • Consulting • Training
Mathematical Modeling and Simulation
Beside my main occupation, I work as a freelance engineer and computer scientist so that others can benefit from my experience.
I offer you development, consulting, and training for mathematical modeling and simulation of physical systems.
Due to my activities in the fields of aircraft air systems as well as refrigeration and freezing appliances I have comprehensive experiences in the thermodynamical and fluid mechanical description of
- Air conditioning systems (air cycle and vapor cycle)
- Air distribution systems
- Ventilation control systems
Among other things I have modeled the following components in the systems listed above.
- Moist air (psychrometrics) in the temperature range from -70 °C to 250 °C and in the pressure range from 100 hPa to 5000 hPa
- Turbomachines (turbines, compressors, fans)
- Jet pumps
- High-performance air/air heat-exchangers including vaporization and condensation of water
- Water extraction and water injection
- Flow, temperature, and pressure control valves
- Duct pressure losses
- Nozzles and orifices
- Passenger cabins with various heat loads
Beside this existing expertise I can of course become acquainted with other subjects.
I offer you development, consulting, and training for Matlab, Simulink, and Real-Time Workshop related work. This includes but is not limited to
- M-file programming
- GUI development
- MEX-file programming
- Modeling and simulation with Simulink
- Development and maintenance of Simulink block libraries
- S-function programming including Real-Time Workshop integration and TLC-file programming on all levels
- Online data visualization for Simulink
- Configuration management for Simulink models
- Simulation work flow
- Utilizing the GNU build system (Autoconf, Automake, Libtool) for portable software development (write once, compile anywhere)
Since Modelica models should be independent of a simulation environment I offer you the following general services.
- Modeling and simulation
- Development and maintenance of libraries
Modelica is based on DAE (Differential Algebraic Equations) whereas Matlab/Simulink utilizes ODE (Ordinary Differential Equations).
For this I can offer you these services.
- Installation, customization, and bug-fixing of free software, especially GNU software.
- Setup of multi-architecture GNU development environments, including cross-compilers for Windows (MinGW).
- Development of utility programs.
Sorry, but I am not allowed to publish my rates when working as a freelance engineer in Germany. Please send a message to email@example.com. The information will be sent back to you automatically.